High Holy Days 2022 / 5783
Schedule of services and events:
- S’lichot: This coming Saturday, September 17, 7:30 pm (choir 6:45 pm)
at South Street Temple (2061 South1 20th Street) – joint service
All – adults and kids – are invited to gather for a nosh and conversation before the S’lichot service, starting at 6:45 pm at the Temple, as we prepare for the Days of Awe!
- Rosh HaShanah Evening: Sunday, September 25, 7:00 pm (choir 6:15 pm) at South Street Temple – joint service
- Rosh HaShanah Morning I: Monday, September 26, 9:30 am at Tifereth Israel Synagogue (3219 Sheridan Boulevard)
- Rosh HaShanah Morning I – Family service: Monday, September 26, 9:15 am at South Street Temple
- Rosh HaShanah Morning I: Monday, September 26, 10:00 am (choir 9:30 am) at South Street Temple
- Tashlich: Monday, September 26, 3:00 pm at Antelope Park
- Rosh HaShanah Morning II: Tuesday, September 27, 9:30 am at Tifereth Israel Synagogue
- Yom Kippur Evening: Tuesday, October 4, 7:00 pm (choir 6:15 pm) at Tifereth Israel Synagogue – joint service
- Yom Kippur Morning (Yizkor following Torah service): Wednesday, October 5, 9:30 am at Tifereth Israel Synagogue
- Yom Kippur Morning: Wednesday, October 5, 10:00 am (choir 9:30 am) at South Street Temple
- Yom Kippur Afternoon (beginning with Yizkor; concluding with N’ilah): Wednesday, October 5, 3:00 pm (choir 2:30 pm) at South Street Temple
- Yom Kippur Afternoon (concluding with N’ilah): Wednesday, October 5, 5:00 pm at Tifereth Israel Synagogue
Break-the-Fast gatherings will be held at each synagogue following the conclusion of N’ilah services on Yom Kippur.
ANNUAL HIGH HOLY DAY FOOD DRIVE
In the days between S’lichot and Yom Kippur, the South Street Temple will again collect food and funds to donate to the Food Bank of Lincoln. Look for the blue barrel in the Temple vestibule and help us fill it up! We’ll have the Food Bank pick up our donations during Sukkot.
S’lichot are special prayers which ask for forgiveness. It has become customary to gather together on the Saturday night before Rosh HaShanah for an all-night service – in a sense, a warm-up to the High Holy Days. At South Street Temple, we will gather at 7:30 pm on September 17, 2022. Our evening begins with dessert, followed by an interactive study session, Havdalah, and then the Service with its soulful melodies and the changing of our Torah mantles.
We will gather Rosh HaShanah afternoon at 3:00 pm in Antelope Park to cast our short-comings into the creek.